Are you a #PRSAGameChanger?
Share your knowledge and gain recognition by presenting at the PRSA’s North Pacific District Conference 2018. The Call for Speakers is open until 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, December 31.
Known for global icons such as Amazon, Microsoft, and Starbucks, Seattle plays host to this year’s North Pacific District Conference April 22-24 at the Hyatt at Olive 8. This year’s conference will focus on game-changing concepts, strategies and leaders in our fast-changing industry that allow practitioners to advance their career to the next level.
Of interest are topics that focus on game-changers; innovative leaders and emerging communication trends that require public relations professionals to master new skills and adopt new ways of doing business. In a fast-changing world, many of the skills the successful professional will need tomorrow are unknown today. How do PR people anticipate the future and adjust accordingly? What are the critical concepts practitioners need to know and understand to adapt in a changing business environment? What trends are emerging, what skills will be needed, and how can colleagues prepare today to be successful tomorrow.
Sessions must reflect:
- Fresh, innovative thinking
- Clear takeaways that attendees can implement the day they return to their offices
- Inspiring insights that energize the audience to see public relations challenges in new ways and take action
The PRSA North Pacific District welcomes proposals from independent practitioners, PR agency and corporate communications executives, and well-respected experts in related business functions, including, but not limited to, management/leadership, human resources, finance, legal, operations, and digital marketing. This is a call for speakers for breakout sessions, as described below:
A detailed 60-minute presentation including Q&A on a dedicated PR discipline (e.g., analytics and measurement techniques, crisis communications, employee communications, media relations, community relations, influencer outreach, social media marketing, reputation management, agency administration, content marketing, integrated media campaign planning, etc.), or a PR/communications topic related to a specific industry (e.g., automotive, apparel, consumer products, entertainment, fashion, healthcare, media, sports, technology, travel/hospitality, etc.).
Please outline the following information in a Word document, and email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, December 31. Please indicate in your subject line: NPD Conference Call for Speakers Proposal.
Note: If chosen, the presenter’s name, title and organization/company affiliation will appear in conference marketing materials as provided in this application.
- Name(s) and Headshot(s)
- Professional Title(s)
- Organization/Company Affiliation
- Mailing Address
- Phone Numbers: Office and Mobile
- Email Address
- About.Me/LinkedIn Profile URLs
- Twitter Handle (if applicable)
- Biography (200 words max.)
- Website Address
- Event References: List conferences where you have presented (at least three, with topics provided for each), as well as the name, phone number and email address of a primary contact person at each event. If available, please provide an evaluation form from at least one presentation of a similar type.
Note: If chosen, session speakers will be required to provide a recent high-quality headshot. Square aspect ratio is preferred.
- Session Title
- Session Abstract (description and content – 100 words maximum)
- Three Learning Objectives (“By the end of this session, attendees will know how to…”)
- Target Audience(s) Demographics (industry, experience level, practice area)
Note: PRSA does not pay for expenses, such as hotel and airfare, nor offer speaker stipends. Speakers will receive a complimentary conference registration, which includes access to all general sessions and basic meal functions.
Presentation decks, handouts and materials used in sessions must be received by the conference team at least one week prior to the conference and will be made available to conference attendees at the conclusion of the conference.
Game Changers—Changing Today; Defining Tomorrow
Conference Dates: April 22 – 24, 2018*
Location: Hyatt at Olive 8, Seattle, Washington
*Tentative schedule available online